Monday, July 16, 2012

We RAN! Melbourne!

Well we did it! What a fantastic morning. Besides some pre-run nerves and an anxious wait in the line for the toilet we got there! To the start line that is! And check us out.... don't we all look so dapper in our matching tops!
L-R Sooz, Nicolle, Sarah, Me!
It was such a glorious day in Melbourne. The sun was out and we were all sooo pumped that the day had finally arrived. There were people everywhere, live music on every turn and crazy characters dressed up to the nines! It was awesome. I felt great running and had absolutely no problem with my kankle which was a relief. We all ran great times each one of us managing a PB. I got my text last night that confirmed I had smashed my goal of completing the 10km in under 60mins. 

It was such an enjoyable run made great by an atmosphere that I had never experienced before. This was my biggest fun run yet. The last two kilometres were pretty tough but in the last stretch, I'd say the last km, the song from this you tube clip came on (see below). I had only just discovered this on Saturday night whilst searching for some new music for the run. It reminds me of my boyfriend and I. It's pretty much exact! He thinks so too - he keeps making reference to the metallic taste in his mouth! ha! So when this song came on I felt pretty inspired, especially as he was there at the home stretch to cheer me on... awwww barf! that's enough- promise! But it's pretty cute!

After the race we were given a showbag and a medal! YAY!!!! Evidence to one day show the grand-kids that I actually ran!! Susie and I were very lucky to be invited to use Runners World Magazines VIP tent (because we are subscribers- love the perks!) which meant we got some yummy sambo's and an awesome rub down/massage AND another show bag weeee! It was so good! 

We ran this 10km not only for self achievement but for all the Animals out there that need homes or special care. I managed to raise $305 for the Lort Smith Animal Hospital and Sooz the bloody ledge raised about $600 which is awesome. We both love animals and so it feels pretty good to be able to do something like this for all the poor pooches and cats out there.
We celebrated with an yummy meal and loads of wine at the Coburg Post Office Hotel. There was no calorie counting allowed. But like I said, I'm back on track today. Feeling the best that I have in a long time, inspired by my own efforts and the awesome support of my friends! Woo friggin HOO!!! Life is great. I'll be back mid-week after I weigh-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment