Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WEEK 5: Cleanse and Re-group

I have the morning off! Which is great news for everyone really. I never thought I'd get around to writing a blog entry this week, I am just so flat out!....I have had a whole years worth of invoicing to do over the weekend and I only just finished last night - I am a women of many talents - accountancy is not one of them (see exhibit A: my credit card).

Anywho, so back to why this is great. It means that I can share with you a delishhhh breakfast recipe that I have been trialling all week -  well, by all week I mean since the girls and I went out for breakfast on Sunday. Gone are the days of ordering the BIG DADDY B'fast, the pancakes with maple syrup and ice-cream or the traditional fry up served with a bloody mary, followed by a beer - and it all begins again..... It's now all about finding the right fuel after a kick-ass workout. My o my how life has changed. Now I choose Porridge! (Man I sound like a cheeseball). It's sooo damn hard to get the words out of my mouth when all I really want to order is a crunchy pile of bacon on a chunky piece of sourdough. But I do, and I pray to god the chef doesn't disappoint me. I could possibly cry.  But this porridge was amaze and the cause of some serious food envy. Which increased it's value to me. And so because it was so good, I wanted to share it with you - my own similar version. I didn't have any pears in the fridge so I have replaced them with some mixed berries and it's still Yummo! Looks pretty good hey!

Durbs' Porridge Treat

RECIPE: APPROX 199kcal

20g rolled oats 

1/2 cup Water

1/4 cup frozen mixed berries 

1 Medjool date (roughly chopped) 

6 almonds (chopped & roasted in oven for 8mins) 

1/2 tsp honey

2tsp LSA Mix - **see note 

Place oats and water in a saucepan on stove top. Stir regularly until mixture starts to bubble and then reduce the heat. If the oats seem too thick then add more water. After 5 mins add the mixed berries and date. Do not over stir but stir enough so that the oats don't stick to the pan. Test the consistency of the oats. If they are soft enough and to your liking then remove them from heat and spoon into serving bowl. Add a sprinkle of LSA mix over the top and add the almonds. Drizzle with the small amount of honey and WOLLAH! EAT! yummmm.

**LSA is a ground mix of Linseed Sunflower Seeds and Almonds. It is great on cereals and is said to be beneficial for the liver. I like it because I love nuts! But he calories are hard to control. So having LSA means I won't sit there and eat the whole bag. You can get it in the health food section of supermarkets.


Ok, now moving as far off the topic of food as you can possibly imagine, I need to tell you something. So if you are eating. STOP. I'm trying to be polite here. So do what I say. Ok, we clear? Alright.... here goes.
On Monday I had a full body cleanse. In the morning I cleansed my mind by attending my final hypnotherapy session. Still going strong - no fags for 16 DAYS and I'm feeling pretty confident.
Then I shot off to have an internal cleanse ... more to the point... a bum cleanse. Yep. That's right, you heard it. I HAD TO! You see, since giving up the dirty fags I've told you that I've had a bit of trouble going to the toilet, and well,  Sarah suggested I go get Colonic Hydration (or irrigation- but hydration sounds so much nicer). I'm not going to go into any details but I will admit that it was very relieving... as you would imagine. I had to detox a couple of days beforehand to make the experience more pleasant. That meant no complex carbs, no red meat and no dairy. WOW, I thought Miche had me thinking about everything I put in my mouth, BUT THIS, this was H.A.R.D. So naturally I turned to GOOGLE to do a little research about raw foods and after stumbling across a few websites I must say, some of the stuff doesn't look to bad. My curiosity has grown and I think I will continue to experiment with some recipes. Like check out this one. I found it on this great website called "The Healthy Chef" -  this looks sooo yummy I can't wait to try it. It's called the Detox Energy Salad. I also want to try making some fresh 'green' juices too. My body is gonna love me by the end of the year!

The Healthy Chef (www.thehealthychef.com)

The Naturopath suggested that I continue to detox for the next few days because my body will still be feeling drained. Did I listen? No. I succumbed to the cravings for bread and now I am regretting it. Feeling like crappppp! So because I have the time I will re-group today. Do some reading and catch up on the 12WBT videos.  I find they tend to perk me up when I'm in need.

And finally I had a muscle and skin cleanse at Bikram. Total sweat box! Sarah came down too. I recently read somewhere, probs Runners World or Womens Health, that yoga can help heaps with running.... it's helping me lots with my recovery.

Well I hope you have all had a great week. I cannot believe that we are in week 5 already. Only 7 weeks to go! WOW I need to pull my finger out if I want to lose these kilo's.
I'll leave you with my positives and negatives for the week and of course my Power Song choice for what has been a cold, rainy and miserable few days in Melbs.

High fives to: yummy porridge, green foods, clear passages. Friends that are inspired and admired, breaking records and making milestones. Achieving goals and making new ones.
Kiss my butt to: enablers and being unhappy,  paperwork and rain. Negative Nelly's and a brain that won't train.

Power Song! So check it. How's this for a flashback- and my how appropriate it is! I figured it was time I broke away from the "yo yo yo" music as to appeal to a wider audience ;).
I remember going crazy to this song at Meredith Music Festival about 4 years ago. Belting out the chorus - AND it works whilst running too!!!! I hope you like it. I'm amazed how pumped it made me feel!  hope you likey

No comments:

Post a Comment