Monday, May 21, 2012

Get on board!

Last round I was so lucky to have my housemate Nicolle on board 12WBT with me which was so fantastic because it made arranging/cooking meals soooo much easier. 
I also had one of my oldest friends Sooz as my running buddy. When we started running I couldn't even hit 1km. AND NOW well, we did our big Sunday run - 8km non-stop, averaging 6min kms. I'm a bit stiff today he he he.
I've been using StepWhere to map out runs prior to commencing them. I am one of those people that get uber bored running the same track over and over. Sooz and I call these runs "adventure runs". We have decided that running through the city is awesome - you forget that you're struggling because you're too busy people watching (another of my fave pastimes). Check out yesterday's route: The loop begins near the corner of Punt Rd and Alexandra Ave, over to Olympic Boulevard, Round the MCG, then into the city and back out. 





But the most exciting thing is that now Sooz and my other bestie Sarah have joined 12WBT round 2! YAY I really am so excited. I love these girls and I cannot tell you how motivating it is to go running or working out with a pal. 
Here's a photo of us at the WORLD RECORD breaking workout on Saturday. Nicolle and I dragged them along as our guests, and I guess to thank them for their support during the first round. They were totes excited to see how enthusiastic everyone was on Saturday - Thanks guys! Especially team VIC whooo! Now they're on board too. So watch this space - we're gonna be a bangin' bunch of besties by the end of this round.
(L-R: Sars, Sooz, Me, Nicolle)
 If you've got amazing friends like this GET THEM ON BOARD! Even if it's just to meet up once or twice a week for a walk or a run. You never want to let them down and when you're not feeling the mojo like they may be, its amazing how contagious energy can be!
I can't believe how much we've all changed. We used to get together for wine and cheese (yum) and now its for circuit sessions and runs! Cripes!!!! Is it age??? ha ha ha


Here's another snapshot of my favourite girlies working out! Love the red faces and enthusiasm!



No comments:

Post a Comment