Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Man Hands

The sun has been shining in Melbourne this week, so no excuses for not getting out there and pounding the ole pave-o.
Yesterday I did my run in the morning and gawd that hurt. I'm currently following the Run Melbourne 10km training program which is really good. You can check it out on their website. I had to run 30mins and at about 3mins I'd had enough. The funny thing about running is, it's the first bit that hurts the worst. Until you find your rhythm. At this stage it takes me a good kilometre and a half to get the groove. I spoke to my running partner Sooz and she agrees. That first part's a killer. So my advice - from one beginner to another PERSEVERE! 
Anyways, about my man hands.... I've been doing some weights of late also. An amateur attempt but hey! Gotta start somewhere. I have been concentrating on my arms and back more so to give my legs a rest day in between. I start by warming up on the rowing machine, and then several sets of exercise with dumbbells and weight bar. But I think I can blame the lovely appearance of my hands on the rowing machine.... run a check on these babies......
Pretty hardcore huh?!?! huh?! Can you even see them? HA! I was pretty impressed initially. Now, looking at this photo - lols - whatta whussibub. Feeling pretty tough however and may have to get myself some of those "I'm a regular gym junkie and I do weights" gloves. YESssss love looking like I know what I'm doing.

2 comments:

  1. Which Run Melbourne training are you following? I'm doing the 10k beginner program, and I love it. Quite challenging at my level though. I am aiming to run a 10k under 60 min by the end of 12wbt...
    At the moment, I'm usually pacing around 6.20min/km. Can't wait to go faster lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for you comment Lili, I'm doing the beginner program too (61+mins) but am hoping to do it under 60mins also. The sprint/run interval training is a killer! ha. But it's great that they offer something like this for beginners, it's really encouraging to know that it's not out of our reach. Good luck with your goal, and let me know how you go. I'm looking forward to sharing other peoples stories on this blog and would love an update as your journey continues.

    ReplyDelete