Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 1: BLAST OFF!

OHEMGEE.... I am so totes devastated to find that this original post went to the Internet Gods! Something about me not saving etc etc. Urgh! Anywho it went a little something like this....

Wowwee! So it has begun. I am so damn excited! It's Wednesday today, so you know what that means.. yep.. its W.I.W - came around pretty quick hey. And the results are already in. I woke up this morning startled by an early text message from Susie..
Holy Shi*t! I had to weigh in about 8 times just to be sure... I even tried the manual scales Whoo!
So thrilled for her. And then I jumped on Facebook... Numerous notifications from all my fellow WBT'rs with awesome results and just in a few days. What a motivator.
And then it was my turn. I had been eating clean since Monday, my latte intake was down and I had resisted all chocolate bars. Exercising according to plan. Still, there's always going to be that anxiety and those questions. Had I done enough? Will the scales be kind? Can't breath... go to the toilet.... take pj's off... brrr it's cold. On I hop. Don't look down, don't look down, don't look down.... look down.
Weeeeeeee!!!! 700g down holy shizballs! What a great day and it's only just begun.

It then went on to tell you about the 'must haves' the 'really goods' and 'I cant survive without these' ....

Kitchen Scales: Wow no wonder my butt has grown... I had no idea about portion sizing. Clearly a downfall of mine. But with a pair of these babies there's no excuse.
Protein Shake: I am a #wannabemusclechick. Not massive but, I'd like my arms to be just like Miche's. HA. My friend suggested I get a protein powder to help aide muscle repair. I like this Musachi one. It's low carb and only 119cal per serve (200ml). When buying protein shake powder I suggest you read how many scoops are required to make the shake. Some powders may seem more affordable than others, until of course they tell you it takes 5 scoops to make the shake. This Musachi one only uses 2&1/2.
iPhone Apps: MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE, My Fitness Pal. Wow where would I be without it. Great for tracking your daily calorie intake. It is also good for use at the supermarket. When I am trying to find new snacks I grab it out, use the awesome bar code scanner to quickly compare calories of the various goods. It's great great great and I strongly suggest having it and playing around with it to get the most out of it's functions.
Another App that I just love it Nike+GPS. I use it whilst running. It tells me my distance, pace, best averages, when I'm completing new goals AND, if I load it to Facebook my friends can cheer me along the way just by 'likeing' or commenting on the post.
Calender/Planner: I bought this cute one from KikkiK. It was about $12 and is where I plan my exercise routine. I stick it up on my wardrobe door and highlight when I achieve what I set out to. I also use it to fore plan those red flag days..... urgh!
Power Song: I've seen in many forums 12WBT'rs looking for new songs to work out to. MEE TOO!! Always looking for a new song to get me through the workout. I like a power song that makse me feel strong kind of like "I am woman hear me roar"...but not exactly-perhaps something a little more mod and funky... you get what I mean. Here's my latest fave. It's Santigold feat. Karen O - Go! (I'll do mu best to post a new power song each week)
Okays... well here's hoping this post doesn't magically disappear and never come back... Best of luck for week 2 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment